Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27, 2011 Devotional, Blog, and Photos (Large and Exciting)

Devotional
Hello and good evening again friends,
I pray you are all experiencing his glorious presence – oh how that is the longing and cry of my/our heart. God’s grace be upon you as you bathe in the light of his glory!
Cheryl and I were doing our ‘read through the Bible in three months’ today and I was so moved to read in Job 20; listen;
Job 20:4  Do you not know this from of old, since man was placed on earth,
Job 20:5  that the exulting of the wicked is short, and the joy of the godless but for a moment?
Job 20:6  Though his height mount up to the heavens, and his head reach to the clouds,
Job 20:7  he will perish forever like his own dung; those who have seen him will say, 'Where is he?'
Job 20:8  He will fly away like a dream and not be found; he will be chased away like a vision of the night.
Job 20:9  The eye that saw him will see him no more, nor will his place any more behold him.

Is this not cause enough to serve God with sincerity of heart - to avoid this plight! Yes! I implore all of you with me; let’s walk in integrity, and the power and glory of God!
Today's Events
Well today we went out early again to find our family of lions! We found them again in their original home place. That was great to find. We watched them for a little while and then came back to the house to take care of matters. We played just a little Rook, and then took care of other matters. If you get a chance, be sure to email Cheryl and congratulate her for winning her third game while on this trip. It’s been thorough domination by yours truly! J
After her little 'glee tizzy', she went to doing laundry at her hi-tech Laundromat! She had quite a bit to do and got it done very efficiently.


She had a bar of laundry soap for the stains, which actually gets them out quite well after rubbing them together a while.


The dryer is powered by solar! Well at least somewhat! There is a clothesline strung out on our porch, as well as the railing is used.


I commenced to reading a little while on the new book I started reading, ‘Wolves in Shepherds’ Clothing’, another one by Ernest Weaver. Those of you who have it, be sure to read it ASAP! It is more wonderful than I thought.
After I read a while, I worked on writing some more for the book I am writing. I actually made real good headways today – not so much because of the amount but more distinct clarity for the direction to go with it. Thanks to those of you that are praying regularly for this!
This afternoon then, we spent about two hours lounging at the pool while napping and reading, as well as I do approximately 30 minutes of workouts a day!
OH, I also discovered that today is Friday and not Thursday. That was a little saddening for both of us, as neither of us are ready to give up our post here at Kichakani Camp yet.
Today’s Game Drive!
In our quest to find the lions today, (both morning and evening) we had a few more animals to add to our photo album. (Birds as well, but those will be the last, but I promise they will be great – you’ll enjoy.)
How about this male Impala! I think he’s very worthy of eating some 30-30 lead, don’t you! I know that of all the animals here, he is the one I would most like one of on my wall! You could call him Solomon, because there are groups of hundreds of female Impalas, but only one male services the whole herd until he is worn down and another beats him out. There are times that I believe the group of wives rivals Solomon! Poor guy - but he does seem to enjoy himself!


And then we ran across a wonderful baby Giraffe with its mama. Wow! Was it ever cute! It checked us out under the supervision of its mother, and then they jogged away together!



And then, as I promised you that we would give you a better picture of the Warthog! Here is the delivery of this promise. Isn’t he handsome!



Well, I need to give you another photo of my buddy, Big Boy!


We were sitting there watching him scout for food a while, approximately 15-20 yards away, and then I told him, “Big Boy, give me a big yawn!” Literally within 3 seconds, he yawned a big yawn for me! All of us laughed tremedously, as it seems he and I have a little friendship going on - I always call him 'Big Boy' by name!


 We have been following him and his pride of lions for all this week, hoping to see a kill. This evening after dusk, we saw them chase a zebra, but miss. It was somewhat sad, and yet not, because we couldn’t see it because of the dark. We could only see outlines, but the zebra they were chasing ran 20 yards away from our vehicle! WOW, it was a short thrill. Hopefully they won’t kill before morning!
Here are the photos of the birds we saw today!
The first one we saw was the (not sure of the exact name because it’s not in the book but it is in the Korhaan family. 



This Lilac Breasted Roller was a little distance away, but worth the photo nonetheless!



This African Eagle was more than happy to pose for Cheryl!



Is the Paradise Fly Catcher amazing or what! He and his wife were dancing for us and singing the day away just outside our tent today! I have several more great poses and photos of him.



I’m not sure which Batis this is, but gorgeous he is!



The Heuglin’s Robin needed a quick shot because he was on the move.



While not technically a bird, Cheryl was amused by the unusual, beautiful Dragonfly!
 


Oh my, where did beauty go! Look at the Ground Hornbill couple!
This one of the Ground Hornbill is noteworthy because we had not seen the Gabar Goshawk was in the background and we didn’t even realize we got him on camera!
 


Look at the magnificence of the Tony Eagle! Notice he is eating – we saw him tearing the flesh apart before our very eyes!
 


So, God bless you again! May the Lord give you a good day while we go to sleep! In Him and for the Kingdom of God! Lael and Cheryl


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bredichaw! Wanted to let you know that Corey and I were just chatting with Dawdy Mart about the comment abilities on you blog and we discovered that because of the default settings on the blog, it wasn't allowing non-registered users to comment and have it show on the blog! We've got the settings changed now, so you should be able to receive them from now on! Sorry for the inconvenience to anyone who may have been trying to post comments, but post away!! :)

    ReplyDelete