Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Trip to, and the Experience of Massai Mari Safari!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted a lot of our experiences of the safari trip, but let me walk you through it a little more up close and personal here! It was definately the best one to date.


This is the start of excitement. As you enter the Great Rift Valley you can see a lonnnnnggggg way. We are just below the equator, but if you follow the valley north, it is the exact same valley that Abraham and Lot separated in! What a thought. In less than two weeks we will be there in Israel!


The team is ready to hit it! Notice the van that is highly conducive to viewing the wild beasts and photography!


We saw more Elands (behind zebra) than ever and many Zebras!


A beautiful giraffe, with a baboon on the right.



The big fella, up close and personal! You've been face to face, son!



A younger one is growling at us, and we have it on video to prove it! Awesome!


We got an upclose look at this handsome fella, a Cape Buffalo Bull! We were charged by a bigger one than him a day later! No pictures to prove it, but ask Cheryl and Martha! Oh it was a thrill! I guess I have my dad's sense of adventure, cuz I loved it!

The great Cheetah and her two cubs! We followed them for a long time, and thought we were going to see her hunt, but to no avail!


Ladies and Gentlemen, in eight years of traveling to Kenya and safari, we have never seen a Black Rhino until this time (thanks to our great Massai guide, JJ. So, my heart is almost jumping my throat already while watching him for 10 minutes, when the rhino blows dust, steam, grass, and who knows what all else, then he takes off and charges us! Oh my! What to do but drive real fast! That bull dozer nose could do some serious damage, I believe! What a thrill! 




No comments:

Post a Comment